The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises

4 posters

Go down

Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises Empty Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises

Post  Beli Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

An idea i've had floating aorund in my head since the old old days from when i was in GRPC on chimaera.

Field Training Excercises.

Field training excercises will be a four day training excercise based in a training camp on the forest moon of Endor (four days being four 2hr RP sessions), this training is designed to teach a soldier the basics of operating out in the field in a harsh environment.

It will teach them...

• Setting up and operating a camp.
  • Sentry duties.
  • Patrolling unheard and unseen.
  • Camouflage and Concealment (specifically the Four S's; Shape, Surface, Silhouette and shadow).
  • Stalking and Evasion Techniques.

Candidates will be tought in units of three with an instructor, there will if numbers permitting two units training in different locations at a time (you will see why later), if two units can't be fielded then only one will be trained until the last session and other arangments will be made for the final excercise.

Each location will be set up as a small military camp with tents etc and a shuttle using storyteller items.

Day 1.
Day 1 will begin with the candidates standing by the shuttle being greeted an briefed by the instructor, the first session will primarily be a session involving the instructor teaching the unit the above listed bullet points, in both lesson form and practical form.

Day 2.
Day 2 will comence wth short recap of the items learnt on the previous day, including a few practical practice runs. It will culminate wth an escape and evasion excercis.

1. The instructor will brief the men on the excercise, this will include giving them a waypoint aprox 2k away (try to avoid putting the waypoint near the other camp) he will explain that they have to make their way from the camp to the waypoint without being detected.
2. The instructor will position himself somewhere inbetween the camp and the waypoint, he will then signal the men to move out and wait hidden for them.

The object of the excercise is to make it to the waypoint using the skills previously learnt, if the instructor spots any of them the excercise will reset and it will be repeated until all three team members make it to safety.

Rules: No overhead map or mini map, No tab targetting, Names must be turned off.

Day 3.
Again the third day will commence with a recap of the previous lessons along with pracital practice runs, it will culminate with a sentry duty excercise.

1. The unstructor will "duel" all three trainees.
2. One of the trainees will be designated as a sentry and position himself in a sentry position while the others will be "lounging around" camp.
3. The instructor will move some distance from the camp and call a probot droid, he will then set it on a preprogrammed patrol route.

The objective of this excercise is to determine the trainees sentry skills and decision making skills along with evasion skills, to complete this excercise the trainees must achieve the following ...

1. Avoid contact with the probe droid.
2. Report over comms correctly and react accordingly.

If they decide to shoot the probot, they fail.
If the probots patrol takes it within 20m of any of the trainees they, fail.
If the sentry does not comunicate to the team, they fail.
If the rest of the team does not mobilize correctly, they fail.

The excercise is successfully completed once the probot completes its programmed patrol without detecting the trainees or being destroyed.

Rules: No overhead map or mini map, No names, No tab targetting. The trainees may try to avoid the probot, but they may only do so by crawling, if they stand and run or walk at any time they fail.

Day 4.
The fourth day is the final excercise, it will start as all the other days wth recap and practice of previously learnt skills and culminate with a red vs blue combat scenario.

Prior to the combat scenario each member of the team will start a duel with each of the opposing team and vice versa (instructors will not duel anyone).

They will then retire to their respective camps where they will be briefed by the instructors, simply this is a find and destory excercise involving two teams, the breifing will not give an exact location of the camps but a general distance and direction; ie: roughly north by north west about two thousand meters and so forth.

Once both teams are in place the signal to start will be given and the teams will set out to find evade and destroy eachother.

If you get incapped you are out of the game, you must sit where you were incapped and equip a white robe to show you are out.

This excercise is complete when all members of one team are out.

Rules: No overhead map or mini map, No names, No tab targetting, No deathblows.

Last edited by Beli on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises Empty Re: Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

**has heard the epic idea but needs beli to post it**

I love you

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises Empty Re: Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises

Post  Beli Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Hopefully i will get this done tomorrow, i want to get some storyteller props and make some costumes so i can get some example screenies to add to it, but been at work today.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Beli wrote:Hopefully i will get this done tomorrow, i want to get some storyteller props and make some costumes so i can get some example screenies to add to it, but been at work today.

Tbh mate you shouldnt have to go that far into detail as your going to be criminal - unless I can tempt you over to the darkside with me and the rebels? Very Happy

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:- unless I can tempt you over to the darkside with me and the rebels? Very Happy

I think Luci might have something to say about that lol.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Beli wrote:
Tyraan Sec wrote:- unless I can tempt you over to the darkside with me and the rebels? Very Happy

I think Luci might have something to say about that lol.

Your right, You should stay in Underworld.

flower

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:45 pm

This is epic beli!

Last edited by Jeraan Taruk on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:34 pm

OP updated.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Aww, rebel only :p?

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Mocane wrote:Aww, rebel only :p?

Yes rebel training needs to be in the field as we cant afford flashy firing ranges......

Plus playing rebel needs to be a completely different experience not just a reskinned Imperial squadron.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 am

Tyraan Sec wrote:
Mocane wrote:Aww, rebel only :p?

Yes rebel training needs to be in the field as we cant afford flashy firing ranges......

Plus playing rebel needs to be a completely different experience not just a reskinned Imperial squadron.

Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises Thumb_up

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 am

I concur with what tyraan said.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Idea: Rebel Training Camp/Excercises Rebel_uniform
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:08 pm

awesome gear man, crated bh belts btw? Very Happy

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:33 pm

That is iconic alright. Well done Beli Smile

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:awesome gear man, crated bh belts btw? Very Happy

Ofc, i have 50 BH belts waiting for you and 50 uniforms cooking right now Very Happy

Slight modification tho, the boots are black and the gloves are standard black leather gloves instead.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down