The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission Statement

+9
Oldes
Salofen Ordon
Demor
Jon-Sohn
Jeraan Taruk
Weiss Reeno
Tius Euna
Kosse
Tyraan Sec
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mission Statement - Page 3 Empty Re: Mission Statement

Post  Salofen Ordon Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:22 pm

but another point unfortunately is that people are LAZY!

Yes! I completely agree! Some people certainly are! Wink
Salofen Ordon
Salofen Ordon

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:I don't believe a self serving consular can exist,

then you may be a little naive... what I mean is essentially if someone with the decision making power thinks of themselves first before the priorities and well being of the community as a whole.
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:42 pm

saiana wrote:
Jeraan Taruk wrote:I don't believe a self serving consular can exist,

then you may be a little naive... what I mean is essentially if someone with the decision making power thinks of themselves first before the priorities and well being of the community as a whole.

That's why it's a triumvirite, it would have to be extroadinary circumstances if all three of them will agree to screw the pooch lol
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Indruma Hale Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:13 pm

I do agree and I understand next to everyone would forsee these issues. I do also partially agree. Nothing within SWG is worse when someone breaks the illusion of RP Very Happy. Basically kills the mood. Just thought I would throw a thought in there and ensure all aspects of the system were explored.

Nice one Belidos Smile I do now see the matter from a knew angle.

Indruma Hale

Back to top Go down

Post  Indruma Hale Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Oh and also, wouldn't a change in leadership occuring every few months dramatically change rules, plans, RP? That may be quite a de-moralising thing. I mean some day someone just really won't care anymore about the entire thing, and if they have a leadership position, will that then enable them to OOCLY f*** up the guild? I will happily stand corrected Very Happy. More curious than argumentitive.

Indruma Hale

Back to top Go down

Post  Tius Euna Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am

saiana wrote:
Beli wrote:
Sorry but your argument against just doesn't cut the cheese, regardless of how the leadership works there are going to people who whine because they don't get their own way.

One leader deciding for all = Lot's of people annoyed at decisions.
Free for all everyone doing what they want = everybody get's annoyed at everybody else at some point.
Consuls, elected by a majority vote and changed on a regular basis = a few people get upset when they don't get their way.

The argument that consuls will cause the guild to collapse is to be quite frank one of the silliest things i have ever heard anyone say, any other form of leadership has exactly te same effect but worse.

I agree strongly, in my opinion all we can hope for is that the community makes decisions in the best interest of the whole and for other interests we provide the tools and freedom for members to carve something of their own that they would like to see. If they refuse to use those tools then they should either zip it or leave to be frank.

Beli's got some good points.

we saw what happened with one leader who played everything close to his chest. he ended up amazingly stressed out and left...
free for all just means nothing gets done.

unfortunately there will ALWAYS be cases where someone isn't entirely happy with a situation, this is unavoidable, however the other side of this is that if someone is really unhappy with a decision then they should use a platform like the forum to explain WHY they are unhappy and voice alternative ideas... not just to whine and complain!

admittedly SELF SERVING consulars would screw things up, as they would only be looking at their own position/power/influence and would only be concerned with maintaining their dominance/control over the direction that everyone takes, however if you have someone who can listen to various opinions and produce a solution that holds a majority concensus then thats the person you want!

but another point unfortunately is that people are LAZY! and seem to expect the 'leaders' to produce everything for them exactly to their liking without having to lift a finger themselves! now to be clear I am not aiming this statement at anyone. BUT we have seen this before, people who are more than happy to whine about there not being RP or there not being the RP they quire want etc, but when they themselves were asked to do something they suddenly seem to loose their voice!
Tius Euna
Tius Euna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum