The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

+2
saiana
Demor
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! - Page 2 Empty Re: EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:55 am

Nope, these things can be done in Ship Maintance Arrays, which can be placed within POS shields. The structure can also be used to store ships in.

As for items, hangars are used, every person can have his own 'tab' or section of the hangar.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! - Page 2 Empty Re: EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

Post  saiana Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:17 am

I'm tempted to have a look at it again maybe with the plex 4 hour thingy, when I left off I was trained/training for the covert ops/recon ships.
depending what I think and time constraints I might be up for a laugh.
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:20 am

Covert ops would be welcomed warmly due to the speed and efficiency they can scan with. My brother is also perfecting his covert ops skills, I guess I will have to get into it aswell eventually maybe everyone has to, but atleast a regular frigate scanner alt/main should be a must for everyone.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am

Demor wrote:Covert ops would be welcomed warmly due to the speed and efficiency they can scan with. My brother is also perfecting his covert ops skills, I guess I will have to get into it aswell eventually maybe everyone has to, but atleast a regular frigate scanner alt/main should be a must for everyone.

If i remember right the main thing is to make sure you get up so you can get the best cloaking device, that and be quick on the warp when you come through a gate lol.
soon as you get within 20-30km or something from the station you'll uncloak.
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:55 am

saiana wrote:
Demor wrote:Covert ops would be welcomed warmly due to the speed and efficiency they can scan with. My brother is also perfecting his covert ops skills, I guess I will have to get into it aswell eventually maybe everyone has to, but atleast a regular frigate scanner alt/main should be a must for everyone.

If i remember right the main thing is to make sure you get up so you can get the best cloaking device, that and be quick on the warp when you come through a gate lol.
soon as you get within 20-30km or something from the station you'll uncloak.

Aye that all pretty much goes for low-sec and null-sec you don't control. In WH space you won't have to worry about stations and gates too much as there are none. But yea cloak is important if youre gonna plan on staying in a system for a while to scan and stuff.

Also, in wormholes there is no automatic listing of players in local chat, so while operating in WH space you need keep using the directional scanner, (and I stress KEEP USING IT ALL THE TIME Razz) and prepare/flee if you see combat drones in the range of the scanner, that is basicly how you deal with the few that do pvp in wormholes. But like I said before, the safety level or amount/rate of people visiting your wormhole system depends on various factors, like what Class the wormhole is. Class determines the difficulty/amount of sleeper NPCs that inhabit wormhole space. And it also depends on whether your wormhole has a static wormhole to highsec (in this case there is one wormhole to random high-sec always present, when one closes another one opens up).

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldes Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 pm

AN OLDES POST!!!

Im back baby!

And I like what little i bothered to read about your idea Demor. Id like to be part of it.

Atm Oldes has.... um.... Rokh (Sniper) And i can fly a goddamned Charon but i cant afford one (If we need to move stuff) also i can fly Tengu in about 12 days

Oldes

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Was wondering what happened to you Oldes :p

I had an adventure with a null sec alliance for a while not long after you dissapeared.

Tengu is epic win if you're skilled enough, works really well for wormholes, relatively small, (low mass to pass through wormholes is great).

Should read this though, as I believe you are hybrid focused right?: http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1326236/page/1

This might be useful too, as some tend to think they should use a ship from the moment they have the ship command skill Very Happy
http://www.eve-search.com/thread/1362350/page/1

Moving a freighter through wormholes is a no-go though, I believe that it is way too large in mass to be convenient in WH space.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

I love the idea of living in a wormhole, but i really don't like the idea of having to store stuff in a POS, if the POS blows then you lose everything Sad

Also what about logging off while living in WH space? Do you just log off in space and hope nobody kills you before your ship times out? Or can you actually dock on a POS?
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 pm

If you want to log off in wormhole space and you see no combat drones on the directional scanner and are not at a key position like one of the present wormhole grids, you can safely log off, the process it quite fast, your ship does not stay in limbo long enough for people to at that point start scanning you down. But it is a lot better when you are in your home system, to warp to the POS. Each POS requires a password to enter (shields) our members can jump in directly, and then they are safe. The POS will have automated defenses set up to scare off loners that are exploring with semi-evil intensions. I've been told that especially a set of weapons that make their lives fucking annoying (target jamming/webbing/scrambling weapons) make it very unatractive for people to attack. Even if some small gang decides to attack your POS (they must have a darn good reason, to do so, which you eliminate by going to a less valuable system) there is the safety measure Strontium, a resource that you fill the POS with, that basicly unables people to attack the POS (for like 20 hours or something) after they've taken down its shields. This time we can use to repair the POS with my logistic. It takes HOURS however to take down a POS' shields with a typical small wormhole gang though, so they might return after the strontium thing times out, in hope we have not been active and we have not repaired the station. So if we do it right, and the rare event of raiders appears, it is very unlikely that anything gets destroyed or stolen before we can react.

I looked at the post of the guys i mentioned before however, and they lived in WH space for several months and only encountered PvP twice or something, and that was because they started it, wormhole systems get travelers, they are not always seeking conflict. It really depends on where you settle.

Last edited by Demor on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Beli wrote:I love the idea of living in a wormhole, but i really don't like the idea of having to store stuff in a POS, if the POS blows then you lose everything Sad

Also what about logging off while living in WH space? Do you just log off in space and hope nobody kills you before your ship times out? Or can you actually dock on a POS?

I thought Demor was on about a maintenance thingy? I assumed you'd be able to dock on that?
plus... just travel light? can't play the game scared you might loose a ship, is an unfortunate reality of the game, just a case of trying to work up so you know you have the cash etc to carry on if the unspeakable happens.

If everyone starts flying scared we'll be back where we were before with people too scared to leave stations because of people with better skills/ships etc

oh and
"waves at the Oldes while jumping on his lawn!!*
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 pm

saiana wrote:I thought Demor was on about a maintenance thingy? I assumed you'd be able to dock on that?
plus... just travel light? can't play the game scared you might loose a ship, is an unfortunate reality of the game, just a case of trying to work up so you know you have the cash etc to carry on if the unspeakable happens.

You're completely misunderstanding what i was talking about.

Losing a ship, no problem it happens.

But, we will be based completely in a WH, the WH exit is random, which means i could not keep the 6 or 7 ships i always have spare as well as the tons of resources etc i have and need for my crafting at an NPC station because there is no garuntee the exit will be in the same system or even near, i could one day desperately need something and find the exit's 60 jumps from where my stuff is and goes through 0.0, which means i would have to keep all of my stuff in the POS, if the POS is destroyed i would lose everything i own totally, not a good situation at all.

Also there's the chance that one or all of us could take a trip out of the wormhole to sell up or buy something only to find the wormhole has close behind us and moved on, how do we find it again? storing everything in a wormhole could mean losing a lot of assets.

Which leads to another question Demor, what about storing and fitting ships at a POS? I don't always fly just the one ship, i have different ships for different uses? Again if i have to leave them at a station somewhere the randomness of the wormhole exit is going to be a real pain in the ass if i want to swap ships or fittings.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Beli wrote:
saiana wrote:I thought Demor was on about a maintenance thingy? I assumed you'd be able to dock on that?

But, we will be based completely in a WH, the WH exit is random, which means i could not keep the 6 or 7 ships i always have spare as well as the tons of resources etc i have and need for my crafting at an NPC station because there is no garuntee the exit will be in the same system or even near, i could one day desperately need something and find the exit's 60 jumps from where my stuff is and goes through 0.0, which means i would have to keep all of my stuff in the POS, if the POS is destroyed i would lose everything i own totally, not a good situation at all.

Which leads to another question Demor, what about storing and fitting ships at a POS? I don't always fly just the one ship, i have different ships for different uses? Again if i have to leave them at a station somewhere the randomness of the wormhole exit is going to be a real pain in the ass if i want to swap ships or fittings.

it's a pickle, I guess it'd be more a case of working out a bit of an all rounder? something that you could use for general purpose day to day? If you have the additional support from others hopefully that would offset any weaknesses in your set up?

guessing a carrier would be a no go for a wormhole...
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldes Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Well thx for link Demor but i think ima dualwield Missiles and Rails or just go Missiles

And what the hell are you doing on my lawn Krys?!

Till then my Rokh does have nice shields tho so could be usefull

Last edited by Oldes on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oldes

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Back in Null-sec days everyone just dumped their unused ships either in the maintenance array, or just floating empty within the POS shields, theres not much of a difference tbh. Apart from that the POS looks tidyer when people store the ships in the maintenance array.

As for your crafting, yea that is a big problem Razz There will be days we can find easy routes to high sec, which then will indeed be a random system. But there will also be days there are no efficient routes to be found and we have to wait.

@Oldes, cool. I am personally training a shitload of missile skills to improve my efficiency with my raven and to eventually get a tengu aswell, but I think I am far off being able to use a tengu the right way.

Last edited by Demor on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm

saiana wrote:
Beli wrote:

it's a pickle, I guess it'd be more a case of working out a bit of an all rounder? something that you could use for general purpose day to day? If you have the additional support from others hopefully that would offset any weaknesses in your set up?

Again you're missing the point, you have your head in singleminded mode and only seeing it as "the ship i use for combat" etc, i don't just do combat, i mine, i scan, i ecm, i have a ship for missions, i have a ship for pvp, i have a ship for transporting goods, i have a ship for mining, and so on, you can't make an all rounder out of all that, it's impossible, and i'm not going to choose one aspect and not do any of the rest because it will just leave me sitting twiddling my thumbs half the time because there's nothign to do, that's what made me quit before.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Demor wrote:Back in Null-sec days everyone just dumped their unused ships either in the maintenance array, or just floating empty within the POS shields, theres not much of a difference tbh. Apart from that the POS looks tidyer when people store the ships in the maintenance array.

As for your crafting, yea that is a big problem Razz There will be days we can find easy routes to high sec, which then will indeed be a random system. But there will also be days there are no efficient routes to be found and we have to wait.

@Oldes, cool. I am personally training a shitload of missile skills to improve my efficiency with my raven and to eventually get a tengu aswell, but I think I am far off being able to use a tengu the right way.

I'm not sure i like the idea of just ejecting from your ship, that's how people lose cap ships, someone comes along sees it empty, climbs in and flies it off lol.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Beli wrote:
saiana wrote:
Beli wrote:

Again you're missing the point, you have your head in singleminded mode and only seeing it as "the ship i use for combat" etc, i don't just do combat, i mine, i scan, i ecm, i have a ship for missions, i have a ship for pvp, i have a ship for transporting goods, i have a ship for mining, and so on, you can't make an all rounder out of all that, it's impossible, and i'm not going to choose one aspect and not do any of the rest because it will just leave me sitting twiddling my thumbs half the time because there's nothign to do, that's what made me quit before.

I am bringing a load of ships too, I dont see mining being too profitable in WH with harder transport and stuff, but I will bring atleast a drake, (raven maybe), crane covert transport, basilisk shield repper, t1 scanner/covert ops scanner. There is not so much of an all rounder ship. We simply need a variety of ships there.

Leaving your ship is something that is weird at first, but I got used to it fairly quick. Only people that have our POS' password would be able to board the ship if they can let alone fly it. But if they are not in the corp, they will be attacked by the POS' defenses anyway. Could be considered more safe to just store them in the maintenance array. And if you're really paranoid you could just take your most valuable ship, board it, and log off in it, within the POS shields Razz

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Beli wrote:

As Demor said, it's not an easy situation, and I wasn't just thinking combat, I was thinking that as a team people could possibly divvy up some aspects between them...
i.e. one person takes on a bit more of a scanning role, someone more of an ecm, someone more combat... I know it's not an ideal solution, but I was just guessing that with a group some kind of balance could be struck to allow people to have some fun...?

another thing to try would be rotating between WH space and normal space, but that in itself would probably pose a pain in the ass at times. i dunno I'm not trying to say how to or how not to play, I'm just kinda saying my thoughts outloud... sorry if thats seeming single minded Sad

Oldes wrote:
And what the hell are you doing on my lawn Krys?!

was starting a hippie drum circle Razz
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Currently Tedril has .....

Drones:
Amarr Drone Specialization (5x)
SP: 1,250 / 7,072 Level 1
Caldari Drone Specialization (5x)
Combat Drone Operation (2x)
SP: 16,000 / 90,510 Level 3
Drone Durability (5x)
SP: 40,000 / 226,275 Level 3
Drone Interfacing (5x)
SP: 7,072 / 40,000 Level 2
Drones (1x)
SP: 256,000 Level 5
Gallente Drone Specialization (5x)
Minmatar Drone Specialization (5x)
Scout Drone Operation (1x)
SP: 45,255 / 256,000 Level 4

Electronics
Electronic Warfare (2x)
SP: 90,510 / 512,000 Level 4
Electronics (1x)
Frequency Modulation (3x)
SP: 24,000 / 135,765 Level 3
Long Distance Jamming (4x)
SP: 32,000 / 181,020 Level 3
Long Range Targeting (2x)
Propulsion Jamming (3x)
Signal Dispersion (5x)
Signature Analysis (1x)
Targeting (1x)

Engineering
EM Shield Compensation (2x)
Energy Emission Systems (2x)
Energy Grid Upgrades (2x)
Energy Management (3x)
SP: 48,008 / 135,765 Level 3
Energy Systems Operation (1x)
Engineering (1x)
Explosive Shield Compensation (2x)
Kinetic Shield Compensation (2x)
Shield Compensation (2x)
Shield Emission Systems (2x)
SP: 1,071 / 2,829 Level 1
Shield Management (3x)
SP: 768,000 Level 5
Shield Operation (1x)
Shield Upgrades (2x)
Tactical Shield Manipulation (4x)
SP: 181,020 / 1,024,000 Level 4
Thermic Shield Compensation (2x)

Mechanic
Armor Rigging (3x)
SP: 750 / 4,243 Level 1
Astronautics Rigging (3x)
Electronic Superiority Rigging (3x)
SP: 4,243 / 24,000 Level 2
Hull Upgrades (2x)
Jury Rigging (2x)
Launcher Rigging (3x)
SP: 4,243 / 24,000 Level 2
Mechanic (1x)
Projectile Weapon Rigging (3x)
Repair Systems (1x)
SP: 8,000 / 45,255 Level 3
Salvaging (3x)
Shield Rigging (3x)

Missile Launcher Operations
Cruise Missiles (5x)
Heavy Missiles (3x)
SP: 352,902 / 768,000 Level 4
Missile Bombardment (2x)
Missile Launcher Operation (1x)
Missile Projection (4x)
Rapid Launch (2x)
Rockets (1x)
SP: 250 / 1,415 Level 1
Standard Missiles (2x)
Target Navigation Prediction (2x)
Warhead Upgrades (5x)
SP: 226,275 / 1,280,000 Level 4

Navigation
Acceleration Control (4x)
SP: 5,657 / 32,000 Level 2
Afterburner (1x)
Evasive Maneuvering (2x)
Fuel Conservation (2x)
SP: 2,829 / 16,000 Level 2
High Speed Maneuvering (5x)
SP: 32,427 / 40,000 Level 2
Navigation (1x)
Warp Drive Operation (1x)

Spaceship Command
Assault Ships (4x)
Battlecruisers (6x)
SP: 271,530 / 1,536,000 Level 4
Caldari Battleship (8x)
SP: 217,264 / 362,039 Level 3
2d 19h 58m 8s
Caldari Cruiser (5x)
SP: 226,275 / 1,280,000 Level 4
Caldari Frigate (2x)
SP: 512,000 Level 5
Caldari Industrial (4x)
SP: 32,000 / 181,020 Level 3
Destroyers (2x)
SP: 500 / 2,829 Level 1
Minmatar Frigate (2x)
Spaceship Command (1x)
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:54 pm

To solo wormholes (scansites) it depends on the class of the wormhole, which defines quality/difficulty of the sites. Last time I discussed it with my brother, we thought a Class 2 wormhole would be most suitable for us. This way we are stationed in a system that we can play in even when others are not around at that very moment. We could now and then look out for wormholes that lead to Class 3 WH space and make expeditions from our system. In the C3 we can find tougher sites that require atleast one logi, and that support can be provided by me. It is generally safer to live in a lower class wormhole as the higher class systems are popular for larger corporations.

Class descriptions:

Class 1 - generally easily solo able by a HAC or BC
Class 2 - somewhat solo able by a HAC or BC
Class 3 - minimum suggested gang of 2x HAC/BC and 1x Logistics, alternatively 2x tanked BS
Class 4 - 5-8 man remote rep BS with 1x ecm support
Class 5 - 15 man remote rep BS fleet with ecm support
Class 6 - 25 man remote rep BS fleet with ecm support

I wonder if battleships are convenient to use in C2's, biggest reason to not bring one is the mass I presume, as the mass that passes through brings a wormhole closer to shutting. HAC's are very popular in wormholes. Guess I will use my raven for missioning in highsec while improving logistics skills and drake skills.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldes Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

I dont really have other choices other than my Rokh for 12-13 days (And i dont want to wait that long)

Oldes

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Well relax, we're not there yet Razz Like I said I plan on just getting settled as corp again, and stay in high-sec to make monies missioning for a while. Rokh is perfectly fine for stuff like that.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Well, if you guys want to discuss it, the old EVE forum is still up..

http://www.eve.swgrp.co.uk

You'll have to register again though, i was going to use it for something else so deleted the database.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Cool, but maybe somehow put on the frontpage of these forums that we use the other one for EVE, incase people stop by on TNC forums and wonder what some of us are upto.

I registered but cant post ! D:

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Had to set up the permissions, i think you should be able to post now.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum