The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

+2
saiana
Demor
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! Empty EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

Post  Demor Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:24 am

First patch version of Incarna was released yesterday, servers were up today. CCP released the captain's quarters only yet. There is quite some epic effort put into it, with functioning terminals and thingies which are completely interactive and rely on information regarding bounties and sovereighnity, but best of all, it looks fucking kick ass. What I like best is that players are not forced to use the captains quarters, it can be disabled which takes the player back to the original station overview, I personally like the immersion incarna brings so far though. Took some screenshots to show you some of the fine details CCP has included:

EPIC MIRROR TIMEZS. To customize your character. I also read they implemented the first version of micro transactions and Aurum (or something) which is a new currency that can be bought with real life money, and spend on mostly social items like clothing. Micro transactions really seem the 'in thing' right now, a ton of not that succesful games that require subscribtions are bought over and turned into free to play with the possibility of paying for more stuffs, more profitable than subscribtions because it attracts more players who will eventually get around to spending money anyway.

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712124-590

TV screen wat. Shows all sorts of information, movies of corpses floating in space, epic space battles, sov information, news headlines, market information. It shows bounty atm:

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712342-980

Ship acces on the little hologram of your current ship:

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712403-270

Agent finder, no longer will we have to use eve-agents.com yaay:

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712492-560

Hallway leading from your quarters to the hangar your ship is stationed at, logo of corporation that owns the station can be seen here also, which is caldari navy.

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712615-710

In the hangar balcony thing you can undock using this terminal, you can see your pod right there Very Happy

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712650-840

BEHOLD! EVE's ugliest textured ship, The Raven! (even uglier due to resized screenshots).

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712729-640

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! Empty Re: EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

Post  saiana Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:13 am

might give it a go again soon, with some of the games it is sometimes the little things that can make it more fun Smile
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! Empty Re: EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy!

Post  Beli Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:21 am

Demor wrote:
BEHOLD! EVE's ugliest textured ship, The Raven! (even uglier due to resized screenshots).

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! 1308712729-640

Personally the Raven is my favourite ship of them all, i love my Raven Very Happy

I'll start getting excited about EVE again when they allow you to walk around the whole station, visit other players quarters and interact with other players face to face on the station, i would also like to see planetary interaction and various missions on planets like STO has.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 am

It is the most wincake ship in general PvE but you have to admit, it is so ugly ! Razz

I look forward to the day I can afford and use a Tengu, (in about 9000 years from now).

And yea, soon we can have more personal cybersex in EVE. Might take a few months until they release public spaces though :C

EDIT: Rofl, the first appearance items bought with AUR are being sold on the market now. A monocle for 1.5 billion ISK. A pair of pants for half a bill, imagine you can buy a complete space ship for like less than 10k. LOGIC WHERE ARE THOU?

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am

Demor wrote:It is the most wincake ship in general PvE but you have to admit, it is so ugly ! Razz

I look forward to the day I can afford and use a Tengu, (in about 9000 years from now).

And yea, soon we can have more personal cybersex in EVE. Might take a few months until they release public spaces though :C

EDIT: Rofl, the first appearance items bought with AUR are being sold on the market now. A monocle for 1.5 billion ISK. A pair of pants for half a bill, imagine you can buy a complete space ship for like less than 10k. LOGIC WHERE ARE THOU?

maybe their space pants or a space monicle? ships are commonplace but they've probably been floating nakid in their jelly till now lol
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Just found out (a little late) that DUST514 is going to be a playstation3 game, petty i wouldn't play on a Sony network/computer/console even if they paid me Sad

Reykjavik, Iceland and LOS ANGELES, CALIF., JUNE 6, 2011 - CCP and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced an agreement to bring the groundbreaking persistent shooter DUST 514®️ exclusively to PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system in Summer 2012. DUST 514 is the first console game to link players in real time with a multiplayer universe on the PC, CCP's award winning sci-fi MMO EVE Online.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Beli wrote:Just found out (a little late) that DUST514 is going to be a playstation3 game, petty i wouldn't play on a Sony network/computer/console even if they paid me Sad

Reykjavik, Iceland and LOS ANGELES, CALIF., JUNE 6, 2011 - CCP and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced an agreement to bring the groundbreaking persistent shooter DUST 514®️ exclusively to PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system in Summer 2012. DUST 514 is the first console game to link players in real time with a multiplayer universe on the PC, CCP's award winning sci-fi MMO EVE Online.

I dont care for dust lol, its not gonna be the way CCP vaguely promises it to be right now with the whole 'interactive with EVE online thing' the realtime planetary interaction conflict shit, it is one of those kind of ideas that are worked on and then given up on, and Ive been dissapointed with false promises from gamestudios and publishers for many times now. I think they'll eventually find out they are thinking too big and unpractical, a plan for innovation doesnt guarantee succes. I bet it is gonna turn out to be just another shooter, nothing too fancy.

And yea.. fuck buying a PS3 lolz

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I forgot to mention:

EPIC NEW WEAPON MODELS AND ANIMATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salvagers/tractorbeams got models now, stripminers have gone from a simple glowing sphere to a big industrial aimable machine.

They kinda fuck us caldari over though, by not improving missile sexyness. Would love to see my missiles being fired from one or two (different orientated) fixed spots.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Gonna use the 4hrs for plex thing today, i have about 2.2 billion isk so i think i'll be able to buy a plex, i'll check out incarna and see what its like.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Beli looking epic in EVE ...

EVE - We has inconvenient but immersive eyecandy! Epic_beli
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 am

Beli wrote:Gonna use the 4hrs for plex thing today, i have about 2.2 billion isk so i think i'll be able to buy a plex, i'll check out incarna and see what its like.

Good, you can spend the rest on a monocle...

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:26 am

Didn't like it, control method sucks, point and click is so 1980's and the over the shoulder angle makes me nausious, won't buy any more time.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Beli wrote:Didn't like it, control method sucks, point and click is so 1980's and the over the shoulder angle makes me nausious, won't buy any more time.

what so controling your person is like flying the ships....?
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

You can use point and click to move, but WASD works fine.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Demor wrote:You can use point and click to move, but WASD works fine.

WASD is so ZX81!

Plus movement isn't very fluid, it's jerky and annoying, i like my character to move fluidly and to control it with the mouse, the way EVE is setup is on a grid system and you can onlhy move into those squares, that makes it very limiting.

As i say it's not very fluid and extemely jerky, not the soert of thing i expect from a modern MMO, if i want to play a game where you move in squares i play minecraft.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Beli wrote:

WASD is so ZX81!

Plus movement isn't very fluid, it's jerky and annoying, i like my character to move fluidly and to control it with the mouse, the way EVE is setup is on a grid system and you can onlhy move into those squares, that makes it very limiting.

As i say it's not very fluid and extemely jerky, not the soert of thing i expect from a modern MMO, if i want to play a game where you move in squares i play minecraft.

Dont you get it mocane, beli wants to see more fluid!!

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Beli wrote:

WASD is so ZX81!

No WASD? Are you trolling me!? As for the grid, it kinda looks like it, but it is non-existent, what does make movement choppy and unpleasant is the completion of animations, your character stops when the contact foot is planted on the ground. Is it realistic? Yes, does it feel good? I am not quite sure. From one side I like how it replicates human behavior, after a while the unrealism of SWG character movement wears off for me, on the other side SWG's system was more free, and light for quickly use. It is a matter of personal experience, everyone experiences 'play' differentely, I notice that lately I have more eye and interest for immersion, sometimes even over convenience, an example is that I spent hours looking at the detailed artwork in Mass Effect 2 which sometimes costed me a lot of health lol.

I am quite sure movement will be refined with the coming of station interiors, for one they will have to add a jogging pace for moving as the public interiors will ofcourse be a lot bigger in size than the captain's quarters, addition of first person view is what seems a must, as the rubberband camera constraint is considered kinda annoying with the shoulder point of view and stuff. I do think however that they have made the third person view the way it is because of the small spaces, when looking at RPG's with third person views I often notice that interiors are either made bigger (ceiling height/spacing between walls) which makes a regular, more zoomed out, middle point ish camera view possible. In Incarna however they seem to go with sizes for interior that are more correspondent to the kind of sizes we use in real life architecture.

PS: Minecraft does not use a fixed grid slot system for character movement either, just the enviromental voxels (blocks) that form a threedimensional grid :p

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Whoot they did a patch today, you can now move by holding both the left and right mouse buttons just like in other games, movements a bit smoother too now, but still way too slow. Oh and if you zoom out you can move the camera so its not over the shoulder Very Happy
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:28 am

can you post some pictures of the different races quarters please. They only ever showed minmatar all through the development cycle.

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 am

There is just one at the moment, which by judging colors is minmatar themed. The ship display hangars are adapted to the type of station you are in though. I presume racial quarters will be added in the next big update.

Also Beli (and if anyone else here plays), if you are interested I could continue training for logistics, got about a month in it atm. As I'm caldari I'm into shield logi (basilisk), then we could do some stuff together like incursions. My brother still plays aswell and would most likely join in if possible. Could set up a friends corp, or just a channel to be safer. Just ideas Very Happy

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:04 am

Demor wrote:There is just one at the moment, which by judging colors is minmatar themed. The ship display hangars are adapted to the type of station you are in though. I presume racial quarters will be added in the next big update.

Also Beli (and if anyone else here plays), if you are interested I could continue training for logistics, got about a month in it atm. As I'm caldari I'm into shield logi (basilisk), then we could do some stuff together like incursions. My brother still plays aswell and would most likely join in if possible. Could set up a friends corp, or just a channel to be safer. Just ideas Very Happy

Sounds good to me, not sure what i'm doing atm though, have three days left on battleship 5, and i spose i better work on my drone skills, only just finished the skills needed for a drone augmenter, have a Raven (big ass'd shield tanking missile boat), scorpion (ECM), blackbird (ECM), griffin (baby ECM) and hawk (fuck knows what i put in that one) on tedril, belidos has a griffin (scanner), covetor, retriever and hulk, both have badger mkII's.

Lol 5 minutes after logigin in for the first time since december i get half a dozen chat invites from people i knew asking me to join corps, i have so many options and i'm not even sure i'm still gonna play lol.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:09 am

Demor wrote:
They kinda fuck us caldari over though, by not improving missile sexyness. Would love to see my missiles being fired from one or two (different orientated) fixed spots.

Yeah i was abit dissapointed about that last night, my ship still fires missiles out its ass.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:15 am

Demor wrote:
Beli wrote:

WASD is so ZX81!

As for the grid, it kinda looks like it, but it is non-existent, what does make movement choppy and unpleasant is the completion of animations, your character stops when the contact foot is planted on the ground.

Have to dissagree with you on that one, check it out, when you double click to move it's more obvious, if you stand in one place and double click to move somewhere the character won't alway move to that spot, it mostly moves to a spot nearby, you can also double click on spots half an inch aprt and the character will move to the same spot. The dynamics of movement for the character when using WASD may not be on a grid, but when double click moving there is an obvious grid system in place for the click action.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:50 am

Ah right, I did not try character movement with the mouse as I dislike it in every game I played.

Anyway,

I originally had this idea with my brother a month or two ago, to form a small corporation and start one cool-ass adventure with friends only. The ultimate goal would be to live and play in wormhole space. Systems that are distant from high-sec. Systems that require teamwork and planning to maintain. We would start off by forming a corp and start to run wormhole expeditions, we would venture into wormhole space accesible from high-sec, to just explore, run some scansites etcetera, just to gain experience and knowledge on WH's. The money we make by running these expeditions can be put into corp's savings, aswell as whatever number of ISK we want to donate to the corp from running missions and what not. Eventually we would have enough to purchase a complete POS set. We could do a load of scouting and find a wormhole system that is distant from high-sec (as those are safer and more suitable for small groups of people.) We would settle our base of operations here.

Every once a few days or whatever, we will use scanning alts to scan down routes through other wormholes that lead to high sec. When these routes are found, our transports go through to sell stuff we aquired in the wormhole system, and bring things like ammo and needed mods back in from high sec. We would atleast one, probably 2 scanners in the homesystem at all times because routes OUT can be scanned down from inside, but routes TO the system is near to impossible with the hundreds of shifting wormholes going to random spaces.

I've done quite a lot of research a few months ago, cant remember all of it but started working on some of the basic skillsets you really want present in wormhole space:

Logistics: Charging shields upon deployment of POS, aswell as maintaining shields in the small chance of a bunch of trolls coming along to shoot at our POS for an hour or two. I can use a shield logi.

Transport: Lines of transport are very important, we will not be able to simply warp to a station and sell our junk/buy supplies. We have to wait for routes to open up, travel these routes to high-sec and back, to efficiently exchange loot/supplies. As WH space is lawless space, and these routes go through other wormhole systems, it is a good idea to use blockade runners, I can use a crane efficiently.

Planetary Interactions: We will want to pick a system with full PI resources available so we can maintain a POS (fuels) by just running PI in the home system. Having to bring in fuel every once a while would be a serious pain. I am able to use advanced command centers and control the maximum amount of planets on one character. So thats nice too, (although we might need all of you to pitch in PI).

We read about a small group of people (like 3 or 4) that did this and had a lot of fun. We can do such a thing if anyone is up for it, could bring back some life in EVE community wise. And again,, just ideas Razz

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am

How does living in WH space work, seeing as there's no stations, how do you dock, store stuff, change fitouts etc? or is it a matter of having to find a way out to a station to do all that?
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum