The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal 28/02

3 posters

Go down

Proposal 28/02 Empty Proposal 28/02

Post  Tyraan Sec Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 am

Would like to suggest the following in order to rectify some of the more recent community problems;

1, Criminals be shelved and placed inside the Rebel Alliance temporarily - Rp for Rebels can kick off whenever we have numbers.

2, We introduce a new community policy where by members are removed from guild(s) if they are inactive for 30 days+. This would be even if members have already said they will be away for said amount of time as in the past this just meant people would log on the forums every now and again and therefore were considered active.

3, I suggest we draw up a responsibility list for different community posistions ie what can we reasonally expect from the IC leaders, what do we expect from NCO's and privates? This needs to be addressed in my opinion so that a few people aren't doing all the heavy lifting.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Proposal 28/02 Empty Re: Proposal 28/02

Post  Demor Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 am

Tyraan Sec wrote:
1, Criminals be shelved and placed inside the Rebel Alliance temporarily - Rp for Rebels can kick off whenever we have numbers.
I agree with this, some folks showed interest in the criminal faction but not enough to support it for now, if these people will contribute to the rebels they'll have a more solid ground to work off, and can start hosting more roleplay.

Tyraan Sec wrote:
2, We introduce a new community policy where by members are removed from guild(s) if they are inactive for 30 days+. This would be even if members have already said they will be away for said amount of time as in the past this just meant people would log on the forums every now and again and therefore were considered active.
This is a good idea, it seems like atleast one third of the people we recruit go inactive after a few days, to form an image of how many actives we have etc, we should cut out the inactives. They ofcourse are free to rejoin when they return, aslong as they are aware of our policy.

Tyraan Sec wrote:
3, I suggest we draw up a responsibility list for different community posistions ie what can we reasonally expect from the IC leaders, what do we expect from NCO's and privates? This needs to be addressed in my opinion so that a few people aren't doing all the heavy lifting.
I think it is pretty straight forward that the IC leaders come up with stories for roleplay events and host them for our members, aswell as take part in roleplay 'privates' come up with, if it suits their role. I would imagine this list would be useful in showing the responsibilities of non leading members though. If we want to have multiple roleplay events a week, (talking of imps for example now) 1/2 ground and 1/2 space events (a total of 3/4), we will need ideas. However I'm in a quite demanding study block, I try to come up with ideas during my spare time, (train), though I seem to take hours and hours, just thinking of one rp event. I think Tius also has limited time to prepare roleplay. For this reason I think 'privates' should be encouraged to come up with ideas. If you want more roleplay, help creating the ideas.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon-Sohn Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 pm

> Criminals be shelved and placed inside the Rebel Alliance temporarily

I totally agree, IMO the only way to start Rebel RP atm.

> We introduce a new community policy where by members are removed from
> guild(s) if they are inactive for 30 days+

This one is ok, providing we add a little side-rule: if a person knows that he/she is going to be away for a longer period, then this person can be saved from being removed from TNC by giving a date of their return and providing some IC reason for their character to be absent. When the date of return comes and the person in question is still inactive then he/she has one week to become active again. After that - removal.

That way we could provide a way for members to take a longer trip, take a time off for some incoming intensive time at school (exams period etc) and that rule would also cover RL emergency absences (like a longer stay in hospital or a need to suddenly take care of other important things).

I can't agree to a strict rule 'you are 1 month inactive = you are kicked out, even if you still want to be a member and just can't help being inactive' as IMO it's a bit too strict and doesn't allow for some RL activities. I myself for example spent a month in hospital back in Second Act days and wasn't removed from SA due to passing through a friend info on the reason of my absence to SA leaders.

> I suggest we draw up a responsibility list for different community posistions
> ie what can we reasonally expect from the IC leaders, what do we expect from
> NCO's and privates?

This one is a bit fishy one. On one hand this is very true:

> This needs to be addressed in my opinion so that a few people aren't doing all
> the heavy lifting.

But on the other hand can we expect from privates anything more than just attending the RP events? Some are just not interested in organizing anything but are very interested in RPing, we need those ppl too, hell, one day those will probably be the main group of members.

And a list of specific responsibilities for those more eager to act could also result in some problems. Some are talented in deco, some just hate it and can't deco one room. Some create great RP events using ST props and other stuff, some suck at it but for example like thinking up plots - those two last types could be great cooperating, not necessarily so effective while working alone. What I mean is those responsibilities need to be adapted to current needs and also to ppl's personal talents and abilities.
Jon-Sohn
Jon-Sohn
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down