The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

+7
saiana
Demor
Salofen Ordon
Weiss Reeno
Beli
Kosse
Jeraan Taruk
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls - Page 2 Empty Re: Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

Post  Demor Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:27 pm

From what I read, it appears that an IC leader can not be a consular/prefect, if this is decided to be changed, I'll reconsider.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls - Page 2 Empty Re: Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

Post  Demor Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:38 pm

I'd like to get this straight; Can a prefect/consular have an IC leading role? (In this scenario think of an IC instructor (and thus RP event host))

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm awaiting a response from tyraan.

My logic was originally that i ( being taruk ) have ultimate IC authority, so that negated the fact place of ooc Leadership.

However that was before the idea of honorary consul came into formation, which while foes not have much sway as a consul, still is classed as a leadership role, so that consitution may have to be amended.

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:I'm awaiting a response from tyraan.

My logic was originally that i ( being taruk ) have ultimate IC authority, so that negated the fact place of ooc Leadership.

However that was before the idea of honorary consul came into formation, which while foes not have much sway as a consul, still is classed as a leadership role, so that consitution may have to be amended.

Rule still stands IC and OOC leadership must be separate, IMHO an Honorary Consul has no power (he just prevents stalemates).

If an IC leader god mods or engineers rp to his liking then who can correct him if he is also the OOC leader?

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm

What if OOC leader begin as grunt and then someday become leader also IC?
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Weiss Reeno wrote:What if OOC leader begin as grunt and then someday become leader also IC?

That is something that should be discussed, leadership roles are not permanent remember.

A prefect is a potential leader but they too still need to be voted in.

Food for thought...

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:
Weiss Reeno wrote:What if OOC leader begin as grunt and then someday become leader also IC?

That is something that should be discussed, leadership roles are not permanent remember.

A prefect is a potential leader but they too still need to be voted in.

Food for thought...
I understand that Consuls roles are not positioned as permanent. But there is a big problem hidden. Not much peoples there actualy can handle leadership as Consul. Successful Consul will gain more and more power and peoples trust each time he will be elected to this position. And then we face situation of him have both types of leadership IC and OOC.

So i think we dont need to separate IC and OOC leadership. But Consuls must not overstep their boundaries both IC and OOC. I think that nothing terrible will happen if Consul having high rank IC will do something for himself. Because if he do it wrong way - he fail, and next cycle peoples will not want to vote for him. (i hope my English not very terrible today).
alien
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosse Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Prehaps, We should now set a deadline for those that I have nominated themselves and/or others (Those who nominate others should verify that they want to be a candidate). After that Deadline, We should make another thread and put in a Poll in and allow 1/2 votes per account for 2 people. There should be a deadline on this too.
When the RP officially begins, the term of the Consuls should then take place for the time allocated.

Kosse

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:08 pm

I guess I am out of the race then, I think I'd be more interested in practicaly setting up roleplay, like something with Navy or the space part of the Spec Ops, (or whatever we decide to go with) than to fulfill a consular's job. And if I'd have to choose between prefect and the other, I'll have to go with the latter. I can't have my cake and eat it to Very Happy

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:

Rule still stands IC and OOC leadership must be separate, IMHO an Honorary Consul has no power (he just prevents stalemates).

If an IC leader god mods or engineers rp to his liking then who can correct him if he is also the OOC leader?

The other consul and the honoury consul?

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:
Tyraan Sec wrote:

The other consul and the honoury consul?

I say no, if the honorary consul can in any way under any guise depose one of the proper consuls that then means that all power truly rests with them.
Honarary Consul is an honarary posistion er go they must have no real power.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Then the other consul can amend suspected god modding, if it goes to dispute the honourary consul is the tie breaker again.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Salofen Ordon Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I think numbers are too low to differentiate between IC and OOC leaders right now anyway. Only a certain amount of people want these positions and we'll be here forever if we pick and choose between people who aren't even there. We should expand leadership as numbers grow. Right now we need to get things off the ground with a clear, concise form of leadership that isn't too complicated. Personally, I feel the OOC/IC seperation of leaders is good for a larger community, but not when we need to get things off the ground and have limited numbers.

It's also impossible for us to recruit when we don't have plans in place and clear leadership, so we can't recruit first then allocate these people to leadership roles, there will need to be a transfer and restructure at some point when we grow to a certain size.
Salofen Ordon
Salofen Ordon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I concur with Salofen, no one at this time who will be a consul will be that in character will hold massive influence, that currently resides with all the honourary.

And if a consul good mods etc, a person can petition the other consul surely and then the three leaders talk and pass judgement.

Can't be fairer than that at this time.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Sounds pretty good Salofen, if everyone agrees with this idea, I'd like to stand as potential prefect again.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosse Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:I concur with Salofen, no one at this time who will be a consul will be that in character will hold massive influence, that currently resides with all the honourary.

And if a consul good mods etc, a person can petition the other consul surely and then the three leaders talk and pass judgement.

Can't be fairer than that at this time.

This.
And this and a few other threads need to be sticked imo.

Kosse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Sorry for spelling errors, iPhone spell check + work = retarded spelling ( more so that usual ) Very Happy

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:Sorry for spelling errors, iPhone spell check + work = retarded spelling ( more so that usual ) Very Happy

THAT USUAL!

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:37 am

If we are in agreement, then I think we should vote tonight, ending on Monday ( this vote will be only for the prefect group. Not a vote for consul yet, so each person would get 3 votes.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldes Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Scratch earlier statement.

I nominate myself for Prefect for reasons unknown

Oldes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Very good,

Candidates ATM are

Kosse
Jonsohn
Mocake
Tius Etuna
Oldesh

Voting on candidates will start tonight and last 24 hours Smile

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 am

I thought Sate wasn't taking a role in leading OOC?
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:35 pm

It had been agreed that I take the role of honorary consul to ask as a tie breaker invade the consuls are in dispute, I will not be apart of the major deciding process, however will alway be there to offer my support and advice.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:It had been agreed that I take the role of honorary consul to ask as a tie breaker invade the consuls are in dispute, I will not be apart of the major deciding process, however will alway be there to offer my support and advice.

oh ok, I just thought based on my chat with Tyraan that you were continuing your high ranking character IC only without any burdens of leadership.

is the decision making going to be a little more open (i.e. up for voting for the community) or is it mostly going to be handled entirely behind the scenes again so to speak?
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Was my impression that Tyraan would start off as honorary consul.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next