The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

+7
saiana
Demor
Salofen Ordon
Weiss Reeno
Beli
Kosse
Jeraan Taruk
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls Empty Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

Post  Jeraan Taruk Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 pm

I think it is time that we pushed this forward a little bit.

People should now know what a consul does, the power he or she has and the role that they take.

I feel that by now, we should start to elect our Prefects. I would ask that people nominate themselves or another, but it has to be vouched for by another member in order to qualify.

Know that obviously all proposals (motions) will be dealt with by the consuls, know what you are getting yourselves in for, but ultimately have faith in yourself if you want to do it, go for it.

The Honorary Consuls we feel would be the below.

Jeraan Taruk
Tyraan Sec
Belidos Goveko ( under the pretense if and when he ever decided to return )

Honorary consuls will alternate every term, by the other thread it looks as if a 2 month period was the most popular choice.

Perfects.

We believe that the prefect group would encompass no more than six members of the community, but we will start out with three due to the numbers we have.

So every term, there will be a vote for one member of the perfect group, and one vote for the wider community ( those that are not inside the prefect group ) and an alternation of the residing honorary prefect.

Please use this thread to nominate yourselves or another to be apart of the prefect group.

Last edited by Jeraan Taruk on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls Empty Re: Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

Post  Kosse Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm

I'd like to nominate myself for the role of Prefect.

I feel I have been in the SA long enough to be able to know how alot of the people work and what their ambitions IG are. I've gotten to know alot of you and have become good friends (even best friends) with you all and I hope you respect me as much as I respect you and this community. I've loved Roleplay and I love Canon Roleplay. Alot of you also know me for my Sheepy Smexiiness but I'd rather be known as the Prefect:)
I am good at understand alot of issues and topics within' our community, past and present. and because I am a nosey, I'll be able to quell my thrist for this knowledge... lol!
I also understand alot of people want to be a big roled person, but I'd like to focus attention on the -SMALLER- roles but still make them as fun as if you were in a bigger role.
Alot of you may feel that, as I am a Minor, that I do not deserve the position. I promise to you all that I will be Mature and Understanding in your comments, gestures, etc. (But do allow the off note...everyday Twisted Evil )
I'm active IG, and alot more active on the Forums. I like to voice my opinion and listen to others opinions on certain debates.
Thank you for reading and I hope you find somewhere in your warm, loving hearts to vote for TEH KOSSINATOR/SheepBoi/Nightsister (<-- The last ones for Sate:P)
So, Vote for Kos for Prefect 1 2010!

Kos for Prefect 1, 2010!

Kosse

Back to top Go down

Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls Empty Re: Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls

Post  Beli Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Kosse wrote:
Alot of you may feel that, as I am a Minor, that I do not deserve the position.

Not at all, it's because you is welsh Razz
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kosse Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Beli wrote:
Kosse wrote:
Alot of you may feel that, as I am a Minor, that I do not deserve the position.

Not at all, it's because you is welsh Razz

Oh thats fair enough
/FLEE>SS!
Jokes:P

Oh! And if I get voted, I'll be spending alot more time on the Forums and on Farstar

Kosse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:24 am

/bumpage for importance!

Don't feel scared to nominate yourself, Who ever does I'm sure that everyone will be behind you.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am

Just to let you know, i very much doubt i will be coming back to the game, if i do and that's a big if, it won't be until february at the earliest, i just have to many other commitments and not enough time or money to play the game. I will help out where i can out of game when i get time though.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Beli wrote:Just to let you know, i very much doubt i will be coming back to the game, if i do and that's a big if, it won't be until february at the earliest, i just have to many other commitments and not enough time or money to play the game. I will help out where i can out of game when i get time though.
Yea. PLEX prices dont even think to drop back, where they was. I blame fanfest and incursion. alien
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:38 pm

The seat is there for you beli if and when you return.

Need people to speak up though!!!

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 pm

May be peoples become too afraid of responsibility, that any leadership brings on their shoulders? Especially after SA? Suspect
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Salofen Ordon Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm not up for it this time around, at least not right away. I don't have the time currently, and I'd like a refreshing change from a leadership role. I urge others to step up though, there's plenty of people who haven't had a chance and are good enough for the role.
Salofen Ordon
Salofen Ordon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Weiss Reeno wrote:May be peoples become too afraid of responsibility, that any leadership brings on their shoulders? Especially after SA? Suspect

Not helping elk!!! Very Happy

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:
Weiss Reeno wrote:May be peoples become too afraid of responsibility, that any leadership brings on their shoulders? Especially after SA? Suspect

Not helping elk!!! Very Happy
But its true. That is why i prefer old Imperialistic leadership model =). And after things are settled a bit, and Spice Roleplay will flow - peoples will be enough motivated to try new *Consul model*.

P.S. Dont take me too serious anyway, because i dont know current game atmosphere. I will try to help *from outside* What a Face
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:23 pm

If anyone is worried about "going it on your own" don't forget that you'll have your other consul and the honourable consul with you.

If people would allow me to nominate some people if be more than happy to?

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:If anyone is worried about "going it on your own" don't forget that you'll have your other consul and the honourable consul with you.

If people would allow me to nominate some people if be more than happy to?

I'd say go ahead,

I have someone in mind but think he/she will refuse to stand up.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I nominate Oldes

cause he's funny and drunk Smile
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Salofen Ordon Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Jon Sohn and Mocane
Salofen Ordon
Salofen Ordon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:14 pm

I think I would agree with that for the prefect group,

@ Kosse, I wouldnt recommend being in the prefect party yet, however would defonatly agree to giving you the opportunity to try out your skills as an elected consul, if the community votes that way ofc.

We'll save that for another thread though Smile

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tius Euna Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:51 pm

I nominate myself I guess, I think I would suit the role for my experience in resolving conflicts among players etc since I have been an Admin on SLR-RPG.com for the best part of a year and due to the constant flow of new players it is a regular occurrence that issues arise, in my opinion it is also more aggressive and volatile when these things happen on ARMA rather than SWG from experiences I have had. However I like to pride myself in my ability to take time in each situation as a majority of the other Admins I know there are often quick to deliver punishment ending with bans, whereas I like to think I work towards fixing the issue between the players or by supplying an education from the experience rather than actually issuing a punishment and I believe this is more effective. Resolving the issue where it stands is a much better tactic that delaying it by separating people for example. Well enough blabla, the rest of you know me anyways.
Tius Euna
Tius Euna

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:47 pm

My 2 pence - Jon-Sohn, Mocane + Tius would all get nominations from me.

@ Kosse you seem enthusiastic enough but have never been given the chance to lead anything inside the act (could be a potential candidate for a secondary prefect.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldes Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:50 pm

saiana wrote:I nominate Oldes

cause he's funny and drunk Smile

Lies!

I am not funny. Dont want the position

Oldes

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:
@ Kosse you seem enthusiastic enough but have never been given the chance to lead anything inside the act (could be a potential candidate for a secondary prefect.
He did verywell with trading aspect of SA. He did more then well with *Convoys RP* he did. He is experienced RPer.
And finaly, he is alone candidate who actually want this position, and not pointing fingers to others.
Give him a chance.
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon-Sohn Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Thank you for nominating me but I think I'll pass for now. I want to sink more into this community, to give it all a 'trial period' to see if I fit in and find myself in it. Some time passed since SA and maybe I lost my ability to RP and just can't do it anymore? Razz

Anyway I support Kosse, for exactly the same reasons that Weiss gave.

And I'd like to point my finger to the one who maybe is not in the game atm, but surely is strongly thinking about going back and seems to be spending a lot of time on the forums, the one that in the past showed great value as a mid-level leader - Weiss himself Smile
Jon-Sohn
Jon-Sohn
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Weiss Reeno Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm

1 day 12 hours 3 min until i can fly Marauder Class Battleship.
Prefects, Consuls and Honorary Consuls Paladin512
So, sorry John, thanks, but i realy cant. I will stay a forum helper, atleast for now. alien
Weiss Reeno
Weiss Reeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 pm

It is good to read that people look at me as a potential prefect, thanks for this.
I am however, hoping to fill a specific position concerning a branch/squad that has not yet been discussed in The Next Chapter and has proven in the past to be quite a controversial subject. I hope that once there is clarity on this subject, (and if it will be launched) I can step up as the, or one of it's leaders, In Character. The consular thing collides with this:

I quote: "• Being an IC leader means you are exempt from a consular role."

So I think I will pass for now.

My votes are for Kosse and Tius.

Last edited by Mocane on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:18 pm

you do know this is OOC leadership? It does not effect IC? And that rule was made up before the Honorary consul was formulated also, so I think now I can say it is defunct?

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next