The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats next

5 posters

Go down

Whats next Empty Whats next

Post  Tyrus Black Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:09 am

The Second Act has a had a long and in my opinion successful history of great roleplay but now with swg ending Whats next? Do you guys miss those Days If you were an Imperial Soldier going on a mission then having a weapons training and having an off duty drink with a buddy,or if you were a rebel planning against settlement alpha or getting ready to ambush the Stormtrooper patrols in Mos Esley. To me those were the glory days of our act and i was wondering if anyone misses that? And if so Because of Swg ending will there be another mmo that we move to or will we only remain on a forum?

-Tpain/Talon/Tyrus

Tyrus Black

Back to top Go down

Whats next Empty Re: Whats next

Post  Deklen Caliban Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 am

I'm pretty sure these forums are dead with the exception of the occasional music/picture/random b.s. thread.

Most everybody from TNC left when SOE didn't come through with a satisfactory method of compensation for the hack incident several months ago.

SWG is dead and will come to a close in December. I highly doubt anybody from TNC/SA will be back in any capacity before the game shuts down. I also doubt any of them will be joining our crew (formerly IvR) on the SWGEmu.

I will be personally helming a pre-StomCorps training program on the live server until they implement the Imperial faction armor.

Once the faction armor is added, I will be adding the primary StormCorps program that I originally started before I ever came to FarStar. This was something I originally started on Bria in 2003. Any who might be interested can contact me via PM on these forums for more info.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I think the thing is with SWG shutting in Dec, most people (some of who were already a little disillusioned with the game) just simply don't see the point in it anymore, once it's gone none of the achievements or items etc will be avaliable to access so it's not like anyone could even just hop on to have a little look for nostalgia, it's also basically a given that most bugs or issues that people wanted sorted/altered etc will now never happen. Hence they feel that they would be wasting their time now in SWG.

I know a few people have talked about the KotoR MMO which I have heard are developing guild mechanics so to speak, but I think people are essentially waiting for this now if they want a star wars MMO.

I believe that after the NGE hit there were already one or two Emu servers around trying to offer people the older varient to the game, but the fault with any of these will be the limitations on anyone running them (whether it's knowledge, time constraints, etc)

I think a few people still check in on the forums but there is obviously little to discuss for TNC itself within SWG, I know a few people still chat outside the game a little and I think some may be on other MMO's such as EVE, but I don't think any single MMO has captured everyones hearts the same as SWG was able to.
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

saiana wrote:
I know a few people have talked about the KotoR MMO which I have heard are developing guild mechanics so to speak, but I think people are essentially waiting for this now if they want a star wars MMO.

Don't think a lot of us are looking forward to that tbh :-P

As for answering Tyrus, the community seems to slowly die out. I still play EVE with Tedril, Oldes, Kais, Rei, Vee and Tyraan but apart from that, it seems there is not much left of us playing together, let alone roleplay together. We had a couple of events before we left the game though, unfortunately you were not there, had something better to do I guess.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:00 am

Demor wrote:Don't think a lot of us are looking forward to that tbh :-P
We had a couple of events before we left the game though, unfortunately you were not there, had something better to do I guess.

yeah I'm still mixed about Kotor myself tbh...

Depends when you had them tbh... I did move and stuff, took a while to get the net sorted at my new place
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 am

The new RP didn't last long tbh, we lacked organizers and concept writers, and due to low amount of people showing up I think motivation wasn't that great either. Oh yea.. and then we got SOE'd, I guess that is indeed what kinda ended it all.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Im playing hello kitty online under the alias fluffy-mitten-balls if anyone wants to play.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:Im playing hello kitty online under the alias fluffy-mitten-balls if anyone wants to play.

LOL. Reminds me of Greeves former nickname in IvR - Princess Pillowtalk

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:42 am

Deklen Caliban wrote:
Tyraan Sec wrote:Im playing hello kitty online under the alias fluffy-mitten-balls if anyone wants to play.

LOL. Reminds me of Greeves former nickname in IvR - Princess Pillowtalk

HAHA I may steal this name for an Eve alt.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum