The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launch of the INN!!

4 posters

Go down

Launch of the INN!! Empty Launch of the INN!!

Post  Jeraan Taruk Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:58 pm

This is the project me and Tyraan have been working on for the past few days. It is a little rough around the edges in places, but it is still fantastic.

Please view, give honest feedback etc. This is apart of our recruitment initiative.

* Note * Turn your volume up all the way on Youtube, its a bit quiet.

Credit for Intro and helping me mod various things that otherwise I would have smashed up goes Mo. You are a diamond mate Very Happy

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Launch of the INN!! Empty Re: Launch of the INN!!

Post  Beli Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:53 am

Look pretty damned good to me, the only think i think needs improving is the audio aspect.

The intro music is pretty loud and then it just cuts out to a really quiet piece of audio, this needs to be faded rather than cut, again at the end it goes from quiet to loud instantly making it sound choppy.

Most video editors should have the audio in a seperate line so you can edit the audio seperately to the video, if you select the loud audio there should be (usually right clicking or a menu option) a sound control panel which in most packages has a section for fades and transitions, try to fade the intro music into the background music (you may need to overlap the two sound samples slighlty to avoid the cut between the two).

The droid voices are great, but a bit mumbly, this probably isn't because the person is mumbling but simply because the frequencies involved, a reverbration like the one used tends to sound better with higher pitched voices, low pitched or deep voices tend to cause them to sound mumbled (hence why the actor they chose for the voice of C3PO and the battledroids in the clone wars stuff had quite a high pitch voices), you could probably get round this by putting the voice sample in a program like Audacity and increasing the pitch before using whatever you used to add the reverbration.

Apart from that awesome work guys.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 am

Beli wrote:Look pretty damned good to me, the only think i think needs improving is the audio aspect.

The intro music is pretty loud and then it just cuts out to a really quiet piece of audio, this needs to be faded rather than cut, again at the end it goes from quiet to loud instantly making it sound choppy.

Most video editors should have the audio in a seperate line so you can edit the audio seperately to the video, if you select the loud audio there should be (usually right clicking or a menu option) a sound control panel which in most packages has a section for fades and transitions, try to fade the intro music into the background music (you may need to overlap the two sound samples slighlty to avoid the cut between the two).

The droid voices are great, but a bit mumbly, this probably isn't because the person is mumbling but simply because the frequencies involved, a reverbration like the one used tends to sound better with higher pitched voices, low pitched or deep voices tend to cause them to sound mumbled (hence why the actor they chose for the voice of C3PO and the battledroids in the clone wars stuff had quite a high pitch voices), you could probably get round this by putting the voice sample in a program like Audacity and increasing the pitch before using whatever you used to add the reverbration.

Apart from that awesome work guys.

This is up as a pilot broadcast, feedback and critique is what we needed really, there are a few problems we noticed but adam didnt want to redo the enitre thing to correct them as this is just basically a tester (he does all the video crap).

So I think when we work on the next one Adam will know already what needs to be changed. Just need to work on a script get some fraps footage and some screen shots then we should be able to work on a better quality version?

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:51 am

Aye, im going to try to find out how to export in HD etc.

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:54 am

Jeraan Taruk wrote:Aye, im going to try to find out how to export in HD etc.

Also we need to try and speak like girls for the audio to work better....

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:08 pm

I can adjust the pitch in audacity Very Happy

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Jeraan Taruk wrote:I can adjust the pitch in audacity Very Happy
and spoil my fun?

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 pm

heh. Maybe Very Happy

If anyone has an idea for stories that can be covered like we have done with the Bespin Port Tax, etc. Please feel free to give us them Smile

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon-Sohn Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Fantastic look, great feeling, crappy sound.
The sudden changes of volume is one issue, but it will probably be easily fixed in the next video. But the voices... I don't know if it's too much of the 'robots from the 70s movies sound' (digitalization? is it called like that?) added or are the original voices too low in tone for such a treatment (as Beli suggested) but the process makes them almost impossible to understand for ppl whose native language is not English. At least that was the case for me and Teuren - we hardly made anything out of the news, especially of the part taking place in Theed.
Maybe there is no need to change the voices so much? I mean the voice of Anthony Daniels wasn't digitalized that much in the movies, he sounded almost completely human. Which made sense, as the protocol droid is a kind designed as one interacting a lot with humans, so those droids should sound in a way rather pleasant for human's ear. I understand the Imperial droids can sound a bit more rough and 'cold' (to make them more official and clerk-like), but this seems too much for me.
Jon-Sohn
Jon-Sohn
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Will try it out on the next one Jon Smile

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum