The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

episode 3 review is up

5 posters

Go down

episode 3 review is up Empty episode 3 review is up

Post  saiana Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

not sure if anyone's seen the other reviews, but now the review for Episode 3 is now up in 3 parts.

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

whilst some people may not like it as it's essentially a bit of a bitching session, it is pretty truthful and highlights some of the key issues which (at least in my view) prevented the prequal trilogy from meeting or exceeding the impact, inspiration, etc that the original trilogy managed to achieve.
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

episode 3 review is up Empty Re: episode 3 review is up

Post  Tyraan Sec Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 pm

saiana wrote:not sure if anyone's seen the other reviews, but now the review for Episode 3 is now up in 3 parts.

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

whilst some people may not like it as it's essentially a bit of a bitching session, it is pretty truthful and highlights some of the key issues which (at least in my view) prevented the prequal trilogy from meeting or exceeding the impact, inspiration, etc that the original trilogy managed to achieve.

It would of always been harder for Lucas to make new star wars films even if certain things were excluded (Jar Jar, Medichlorians, Talking droids, little orphan Annie)

The original star wars had a massive impact first time around as it was different, simply being set in the same universe means its harder to be innovative with the prequels.

Tbh I thnk those films get such a rough time because the older films are so damn good, if you can sit and judge those films based on what they are then they are pretty solid films imo.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 am

Tyraan Sec wrote:It would of always been harder for Lucas to make new star wars films even if certain things were excluded (Jar Jar, Medichlorians, Talking droids, little orphan Annie)

The original star wars had a massive impact first time around as it was different, simply being set in the same universe means its harder to be innovative with the prequels.

Tbh I thnk those films get such a rough time because the older films are so damn good, if you can sit and judge those films based on what they are then they are pretty solid films imo.

watch the reviews and you might see some of the other critisms, as film's don't get me wrong they are watchable, but I think Lucas either tried too hard or didn't try hard enough, I don't really see why the films would be harder without Midoclorians or Jar Jar (or at least a slightly less retarded Jar Jar...) the talking droids are fine, and Annie wasn't an orphan until the sand people killed his mummy in episode 2,

at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just wish they'd been a little less interested in the visual effects and cramming as much into a scene as they could, instead of trying to focus a little more of the emotional development of the characters.

reviews are still funny as tho Razz
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 am

I just don't see the point in reviewing a film that's been out how long? 5yrs now? Especially when the review is just what people have already said in reviews for years anyway. Waste of websapce imo.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Watched the first part.

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Salofen Ordon Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Watched it. Funny and accurate, if a little harsh.
Salofen Ordon
Salofen Ordon

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Beli wrote: Waste of websapce imo.

as apposed to the great use of the interweb for dildomen or other random crap? lol
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:36 pm

saiana wrote:
Beli wrote: Waste of websapce imo.

as apposed to the great use of the interweb for dildomen or other random crap? lol

dildomen hold a symbolic signifgance far beyond the average mans comprehension.

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum