The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teamspeak Details & Tutorial

5 posters

Go down

Teamspeak Details & Tutorial Empty Teamspeak Details & Tutorial

Post  Tius Euna Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm

I have provided the community a space on the SLR-RPG.com teamspeak server, for those who don't know teamspeak is a voice communication program. I would recommend you drop into the channel if you have not yet had the chance to talk to members of the community as it has always been a important point in strengthening relations and is always a good laugh. Even if you do not have a mic it can still make it easier for people who do have mics to talk to you and you also get to listen in on conversations and contribute via chat-box or tells of course.

The server uses teamspeak 3, the latest version of teamspeak. To download it, this link shows you the download page on the teamspeak website.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Simply download the set-up for the teamspeak 3 version that corresponds to your operating system. Once it has downloaded run the program, the first steps you should take are below.

1. You should be prompted on start-up to enter your desired nickname or handle (the name other users see). If not you may enter one by clicking the settings tab on the top of the window and selecting "identities", or alternatively use the hotkey ctrl+I.

2. You should tailor the settings to what suites you and ensure your microphone is working. To do this click the settings tab again and then select options, or use the hotkey alt+P. There are many settings that may be tweaked however the ones that are of interest to us are in the tab on the left labelled capture. In here you should select how you wish your microphone to be activated, voice activation detecting will simply activate the microphone whenever it detects you speaking. While on this tab you should also test your microphone, do this by pressing the button and then talk, you should be able to hear yourself.

Those are the very basic settings that are of importance, feel free to change any more when you have time however the sheer volume of them can be a bit daunting.

3. Connect to the server, close the setting tab so you are looking back at the teamspeak window. Click the tab in the top left labelled Connections then select connect. Enter the following details:

Address: ts.slr-rpg.com
Port: 9987

And then click connect.

Once you are on the server you can find the channels associated to this community as sub channels of Thunder's Cloud. At the moment there is only one, Jeraan and Tyraan both have channel administrator rights and have named the channel "Camp Grenada". If anyone wishes for more channels for the community let me know and it is no problem to add more.

The password for Camp Grenada is currently "simple".

Note:

The server is run by the very generous sponsors of SLR-RPG.com at the MH-Gamerscommunity.De, so please respect their server. Just simple rules of thumb, no spamming or general annoying behaviour. No flaming, racism or trolling. And no illegal activity through the use of the uploading file abilities (e.g. no illegal file sharing blah blah blah), the server is based in Germany so please respect all German laws while on the server. E.g. don't make the mistake a few people made by posting Nazi swastikas on our forum which is also affected by these laws. No-one who is part of SLR-RPG should have the password for the channel however they are nice people so feel free to say hi. Admins of SLR-RPG may drop into the channel from time to time, if you have any problems contact any of the marked server admins for support, they have a "S" next to their name.

Tius Euna
Tius Euna

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak Details & Tutorial Empty Re: Teamspeak Details & Tutorial

Post  Beli Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 pm

You are SO going to regret that Tius me boy! Mwaaaaahahaahah! Very Happy
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tius Euna Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

To be honest with Jeraan there it can't get much worse Razz.
Tius Euna
Tius Euna

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Me + Beli = dastardly duo!

( he's muttley..)

Thanks for setting this up Tom. Should help communication. Very Happy

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:00 am

Jeraan Taruk wrote:Me + Beli = dastardly duo!

( he's muttley..)

so..... who's who?

Teamspeak Details & Tutorial Wackyraces
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:11 pm

saiana (Wed 15 Dec 2010 - 9:00) wrote:

( he's muttley..)

so..... who's who?

Teamspeak Details & Tutorial *snip*

I am blatently the compact pussycat!

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Tyraan Sec wrote:

( he's muttley..)

so..... who's who?

Hmn, not too sure on the words compact and cat tbh, rest of it seems right. Very Happy
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Beli wrote:
Tyraan Sec wrote:

( he's muttley..)

so..... who's who?

Hmn, not too sure on the words compact and cat tbh, rest of it seems right. Very Happy

pfft w/e muttley.....

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum