The Next Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any TNC members considering this...

+3
Demor
Beli
Deklen Caliban
7 posters

Go down

Any TNC members considering this... Empty Any TNC members considering this...

Post  Deklen Caliban Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Announcing the NEW Free Character Transfer Service!

Any TNC members considering this... Header

Starting April 26th, character transfers in Star Wars Galaxies(TM) will be free! Playing with friends is more fun, and we’re making it easier for you to adventure with friends both old and new with the Free Character Transfer Service!

Characters will be eligible for a free transfer if they are at least 90-days old and on your active SWG account in good standing. Characters must wait at least 90-days after each free character transfer before they can transfer the character for free again. Additionally, while characters can transfer off of Starsider, characters will not be able to transfer to this server.

Check HERE for the complete details including Terms and Conditions and Guidelines and Restrictions, and log in April 26th to make the server jump for free!

Join the discussion by clicking here!

----------

I wasn't sure what the current state of the community was in, but I personally will be joining this discussion thread to talk about the potential of starting up a new RP community on one of the lower-population servers.

I have started a similar thread on our website to discuss with the rest of the guild. Just wanted to see what the other RPers on the server thought.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Any TNC members considering this... Empty Re: Any TNC members considering this...

Post  Beli Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Only server i would consider tranfering to would be a euro one, which only leaves chimaera as a choice, i already have chars there and althoug caer has a good rp comunity there things aren't loking all that great over there, i see a lot of people, whole guilds even planning to jmp ship for farstar, so nope i won't be using the FCTS except to get some resources that aren't available here.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Any TNC members considering this... Empty Re: Any TNC members considering this...

Post  Demor Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:25 am

No, not really.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 am

Deklen Caliban wrote:
I have started a similar thread on our website to discuss with the rest of the guild. Just wanted to see what the other RPers on the server thought.

on your website?
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:45 am

saiana wrote:
Deklen Caliban wrote:

on your website?

Yeah - on the xFSx forums. Garth's guild that I am helping with.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 am

Looks like RP might lift off again on Farstar, Just noticed that Caerwyn has announced that SEA will be making a mass exodus to Farstar.
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:01 am

Beli wrote:Looks like RP might lift off again on Farstar, Just noticed that Caerwyn has announced that SEA will be making a mass exodus to Farstar.

be nice if everyone could pull together on this i think, one big community rather than splintered parts
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Beli wrote:Looks like RP might lift off again on Farstar, Just noticed that Caerwyn has announced that SEA will be making a mass exodus to Farstar.

I've been in contact with Caer since it was rumored that she and some others were leaving. This was her most recent PM to me regarding numbers coming to FS and what they will be doing.

Caerwynn wrote:We have around 20 transferring, some are resubbing for the purposes. It could be more, I've not kept track of the numbers.

I also have several people who are interested in joining us and are transferring to FS to do so, but we will be up and running as soon as possible, as we have several plots running.

We have a very individual style RP, realism but with GMs who loosely guide our story arc. We avoid conflict RP as this has lead to drama when the main player, who organised this sort of RP, created difficulties for other RPers that I and the guild GMs were left to try and resolve.

Almost every night is booked for some activity, be it RP or a guild one. Mondays and Tuesdays are blank as I'd deleted our guild evening and open night recurring events as I don't know how to just end them . We've only just started using this style of forum.

But we can talk about this in more detail and my GMs would be interested to chat too.

I didn't want to speak for TNC because I have yet to hear from Towan or Lucidus about the state of your community. When I originally was leaving Starsider some years ago, prior to my meeting with Sate, I had made the decision to either make FarStar my home or Chimaera. It's funny how everything ends up becoming one regardless of what I chose to do.

Whatever happens, I'm keeping my direct roleplay choices small and drama-free as that has been the plague I had to deal with managing IvR and FRC. I've learned to deal without certain people due to the annoyances they were in my RL and the fact that they ultimately stop progress from being made.

Our small group that we have organized now is 99.9% drama-free and I feel going in to whatever SEA brings to the table, we stand a good chance in keeping that percentage high.

In the end, too many people influenced why IvR and TNC never crossed paths, and I had to do what was best for the people or risk losing most of our members. Now that all of those people have quit playing, remain to just trolling forums, or have transferred off the server, things are different.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Farstar has always been my home and would never leave it.

These people cant come along and take our jobs! Very Happy *Shakes fist*

Jeraan Taruk

https://thenextchapter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 am

Any TNC members considering this... Southpark-they-took-our-jobs-animated-gif

In all seriousness, whatever happends, I am not willing to give up on what we have conceptualized so far.
I read that they are with 20, that is a lot of people, and what I see coming is that 'we' will have to adapt due to their big numbers and oh so great RP.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Beli Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:04 am

Jeraan Taruk wrote:Farstar has always been my home and would never leave it.

These people cant come along and take our jobs! Very Happy *Shakes fist*

Always? I thought you were from infinity originally ... Very Happy
Beli
Beli
Lead Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:17 am

I was on Infinity for like 1 day...

I discount that as stupidity!

Aye what Mo said. The Chapter and the Act as its predecessor in my mind is native to Farstar, these people cant just come here and say "Adapt to our liking or get out our way" Smile

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyraan Sec Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 am

Demor wrote:

In all seriousness, whatever happends, I am not willing to give up on what we have conceptualized so far.
I read that they are with 20, that is a lot of people, and what I see coming is that 'we' will have to adapt due to their big numbers and oh so great RP.

I have to say that I too found their stance to be a little arrogant *were coming here, we wont change to fit the server* who knows maybe with some competition we may yet again flourish (odd that we only seem to advance when there is a healthy alternative).

Tyraan Sec
Serving Honorable Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeraan Taruk Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:05 pm

It is the spirit of competition Very Happy

Jeraan Taruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Demor Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Pff cba with serious competition and the drama that comes with it either, I say we do things our way, if the other community is considered better by people, so be it.

Demor
Serving Consul

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 pm

one of the things I read from Caerwynn's message was that they try and avoid the drama side of things,
at the end of the day everyone here I thought was playing for fun and enjoyment with like minded people, not the bullcrap drama and arguments that seem to creep up sometimes, or the silly people that just seem to want to cause drama...

if you were to switch roles and TNC were planning on a server shift, would you want to completely abandon what you conceptualised?

with the right attitudes and stuff I think people should be looking to work together so that everyone can prosper and gain the enjoyment they are seeking
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Krystina, the patented "can't we all just get along" pacifist method doesn't always work.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  Synn Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:34 pm

You're putting a few leaders into one community....

There'll be a power struggle from this, i can tell you now....

Synn

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Synn wrote:You're putting a few leaders into one community....

There'll be a power struggle from this, i can tell you now....

Aye. Different points of view.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:39 pm

the "ideal world" analogy?

people seem fine when other 'leaders' want to fold to their whim but seem flabergasted when someone wants to bring their own elements across or are called names etc.

I think it comes down a little to what people really want... power for themselves, the arguments/power struggles/drama, or if they are willing to look at ideas and possibly compromise elements for the greater good...

tbh the fact that things are being written off even before anyone has sat down and talked about the varying elements shows unwillingness to even consider everyone as a whole... things change, you have to change with them/adapt or die... is the way of the world and the law of entropy
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:02 pm

No offense, but this is a game that people pay to play. A large portion of the game is about power and the battle both IC and OOC for that power. Not everybody views collaboration or working together as a good thing, because of our human nature not to trust anybody but ourselves. I know that if I ran a community and found that my views or opinions on a certain subject or way of roleplaying were different from another equal or near-equal sized community, I wouldn't be so quick to try and make peace and compromise considering what I had established. Most times it's better to keep what you have going well instead of take a chance to disrupt the flow and make a complete mess of things.

I see two very good communities that are very happy with what they have created and are both very set in their ways. I don't see either of them bending to the other for any reason because they are both equally good at what they have done thus far.

I would seriously leave this alone and not press any type of merger or collaboration at this time. It could explode and cause many more problems on the server.

And not to overstep my bounds, but exactly what role do you play in either TNC or SEA, saiana? Or are you just the neutral pacifist that considers herself a part of the solution because you post pics and music?

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  saiana Tue May 03, 2011 8:03 am

Deklen Caliban wrote:
And not to overstep my bounds, but exactly what role do you play in either TNC or SEA, saiana? Or are you just the neutral pacifist that considers herself a part of the solution because you post pics and music?

firstly, whats the harm in hearing someone out? seeing what the common ground is etc, rather than shooting down the idea before its discussed?

secondly whats your problem? am I not allowed to post my point of view? I have been back in game, but a fault on the line is again preventing me from getting online at all so I have no option there atm. but whatever your problem is, either just state it instead of prancing around or can it
saiana
saiana

Back to top Go down

Post  Deklen Caliban Tue May 03, 2011 2:34 pm

I have no more to discuss with you about this topic or any other topic. The moderators already have my request to remove my posts if I have become too disruptive.

Deklen Caliban

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum